Sunday, November 8, 2009

You must try these waffles!


Brian loves waffles. It had been quite a few years since our waffle iron had died, with the kids all grown we just never replaced it. So now it's Autumn and what do I find in my email one day are recipes for pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins and the like. One recipe was for pumpkin waffles, the reviews on the recipe weren't too good but OMG, that got me thinking I need a waffle iron. Not just to make those buttermilk kind but all those savory ones I've seen made on TV. I love pumpkin spice anything, to me it's the true taste of Autumn.
So Brian and I went on a hunt for a waffle iron the next weekend. We checked online and in the mall. We found you could get a waffle iron anywhere from $14 to $200. Yikes, no way could I justify spending $200 for the Cadilac of waffle irons. As for the cheep ones, well they were just that, cheap. We settled for a nice Belgium waffle iron for $50. The next morning we used the waffle recipe from the book and it made delicious waffles. They were kind of heavy and the Belgium waffles were a bit larger than we had been used to eating. We had been eating those toaster kind for far too long, but heck we liked them. The one thing I wanted was to make Pumpkin Waffles. I could almost see them, almost taste them, so I went on the great online hunt for the perfect recipe and I found it. As you can see from the photo (this was Brian's plate), these waffles were picture perfect. They were so delicious, fluffy and the recipe is a keeper. They were the perfect brunch to start off our Samhain morning.
Here is the site where you can find the recipe. I hope you make them for yourself to see how great they really are.
It is called "Ultimate Pumpkin Waffles" and the photos speak for themselves.
Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment