Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Relaxing Thanksgiving Weekend






Hard to believe it's Saturday already. I've been off since Thursday. Finally catching up on much needed rest. We did lots of good cooking for Thanksgiving dinner. I gave a few new things a try. Sometimes you just need to break out of doing things the same old way. Mostly everything I made turned out delicious. Here is the run down of recipes.

Turkey with Herbes de Provence and Citrus - Giada De Laurentis' recipe. The turkey was a beauty and delicious. The drippings in the pan made a wonderful flavorful gravy
Oven Roasted Honey-Glazed Sweet Potatoes - Simple and tasted good
Sausage and Bread Dressing - Usual family recipe, but served it as dressing this year instead of stuffing.
Baked Mashed Potatoes with Parmmsan Chese and Bread Crumbs - Giada De Laurentis' recipe - Brian saw these made on TV last week and had to have them. They were delicious and almost all gone, everyone liked them.
Orange Cranberry Sauce - Didn't turn out they way I had hoped, a bit to tart. From RecipeZaar.
90 Minute Batter Rolls - a nice recipe from 'Zaar but a bit sweet
Green Beans - Standard and yummy.
Creamed Onions - Tasted good but found some of the onions in the bag a bit large. Brian loves these with Thanksgiving dinner.
Dessert - Pumpkin Pie, along with goodies Michelle brought from the bakery and cookies Arianna brought filled with jelly.

It was nice sitting around the table talking and finally relaxing after all the cooking. The hot kitchen got me a bit cranky but I was fine afterwards once I cooled down.

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday. Now onto planning Christmas. Sounds like we are planning a potluck dinner this year. No ideas yet but I'll be checking my recipes for some inspiriation.

I have some great recipes on RecipeZaar to try out. You can find me there too under the name Paintpuddles.

No comments:

Post a Comment