Saturday, November 21, 2009

Homemade Gifts - Terry Rice Bags


Time to think about any easy last minute gifts to make. This is one of my all time favorites.

Terry Cloth Rice Bags

These large terry cloth rice pads are just terrific for soothing all your aches and pains.
The bag measurements should be about 10 inches by 6.5 inches for maximum coverage
of your arms, neck, shoulders, knees or ankles.

Use it warm or use in the freezer for those times you need an ice bag, just chill for thirty minutes. A good idea is to make two and leave one in a plastic zip-lock bag in the freezer.

Yes, you can use it over and over again! Use with a drop of essential oil for aromatherapy.
If you give as a gift remember to add a small tag with the following instructions or something similkar.

Pop the rice pad into the microwave for a minute or two, no more than that or you will get burned.

The ones I made I mixed the rice with a bit of dried lavender. I made a over a dozen
of these for gifts during one holiday. The stories I heard after let me know
how much they were appreciated. My hubby is still using his.

Remember not to over fill with rice or the bag won’t be able to mold to your body
it will be too stiff.

There are so many ways to make the pouches but I found
stacks of terry cloth towels on sale in WalMart.
They were a nice heavy thickness and have held up wonderfully.
You don’t want to use too thin a towel.
I have a fancy sewing machine that embroiders lettering
and put each persons name on the one end to personalize.




No comments:

Post a Comment