Saturday, November 21, 2009

Busy weeks and a few good meals

Can't believe how the weeks are flying by and Thanksgiving is just around the corner. The days at work have been full ones and learning a new job just seems to be taking forever. But in the evening once I'm home with my hubby and my fur babies I can relax and fill my evening with enjoyable things.
I'm finally working on my holiday planning and preparing my lists. As I prepare my Thanksgiving list I remind myself of how blessed I am to have a dinner to prepare and family to share it with. I won't over do the holidays this year as I sometimes often do because Brian is still out of work. The girls and I have agreed we all need to keep it simple and spending the time together to enjoy a meal and sharing time with each other is what we want most. Our busy lives seem to keep us apart more than we would like but I know we are always in each others thoughts.

I do have a few good recipes I made this week but sorry no photos :( Just way too tired and forgot.

The first recipe is one I received from a co-worker friend. I paired it up with a chicken dish and Brian and Matt loved both dishes. It was like a weeknight fiesta! Both dishes were easy to make and absolutely delicious. Matt called them amazing! If you decide to try these recipes I hope you you enjoy them!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving where ever you may be. I have some new recipes to try for Thanksgiving and hopefully I will get some photos posted soon. Keep in touch.

Creamy Spinach Enchiladas

1 pkg flour tortillas
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1 TBLS butter or margarine (or PAM)
1 10 pckg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack (or 1 cup Monterrey jack, 1 cup pepper jack)
1 10oz can enchilada sauce

Remove tortillas from fridge
heat oven to 375F
In a medium sauce pan, saute onions in butter/margarine/Pam until crisp tender, add spinach. Cook until moisture is evaporated. Stirring occasionally, remove from heat. Stir in ricotta cheese, sour cream and 1 cup shredded cheese.
Warm tortillas as directed on package. Spoon approx. 1/4 cup filling down center or each tortilla, roll up. Place seam side down in a greased 13x9 baking dish. Pour sauce evenly over tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly & heated through. Serve with sour cream and green onions.


Saucy Mexican Chicken

What You Need:

1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 small breasts or 8 boneless thighs)
1 jar (16 oz.) Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed
1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese

COOK chicken in nonstick skillet on medium-high heat 4 min. on each side or until browned on both sides.

ADD salsa and beans. Bring to boil; cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 5 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF).

TOP with cheese.
Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 5 min. or until cheese is melted.

Suggestions: You can add onions and serve over rice. The possibilities are endless with this recipe. It's quick and easy and can be made in less than 30 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment